It is a plastic surgery that aims to correct and rebuild the nose, and rhinoplasty lasts for about one to two hours, but it may last for a longer period in some of the more complex cases, as in the case of re-performing rhinoplasty or repairing nasal defects.
There are two types of plastic surgery used:
1. Reconstructive surgery aimed at restoring the shape and functions of the nose.
2. Plastic surgery aimed at improving the appearance of the nose.
Through this article, we will deal with the topic of rhinoplasty, methods of its procedure and its most important results through Dr. Sameh El Nomany, consultant obesity and plastic surgery center.
How to prepare before rhinoplasty?
1. Avoid using aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs and vitamin E supplements for two weeks before surgery.
2. The patient must do a blood analysis according to the doctor’s request, before meeting the anesthesiologist.
3. Smoking can cause complications after surgery, so it is advised to stop smoking at least a month before the operation.
4. The operation takes place under general anesthesia, and the anesthesiologist asks the patient not to eat for at least 6 hours before entering the operating room.
5. Avoid exposure to sunlight two weeks before surgery, and use a sunblock with a protection factor of at least 30.
6. Refrain from all kinds of food and drink, starting at midnight before the surgery.
7. Wear loose-fitting clothes that fit the forehead, and avoid clothes that may bother the nose when wearing or taking them off.
8. Avoid wearing face or eye makeup, and avoid nail polish on the day of the surgery.
How to perform rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty goes through several stages, and they are as follows:
1. Firstly, anesthesia is performed where medications are given for more comfort during the surgery. Options include intravenous anesthesia or general anesthesia.
2. Secondly, the surgical incision in the nose is performed either using the closed procedure, where the surgical incisions are made inside the nose, or the open procedure, where the incision is made through the nasal stent and the skin covering the nasal bones and cartilage is gently lifted, allowing access to reshape the nose structure .
3. Reshape the nose structure
4. Correct the deviated septum if the nasal septum is deviated, it can be straightened, and the protrusion inside the nose is reduced to improve breathing.
5. Closing the surgical incision once the basic structure of the nose is sculpted in the desired shape, the skin and nasal tissues are returned to their place, and the surgical incisions are closed.
What are the results of rhinoplasty?
The initial swelling recedes within a few weeks after the rhinoplasty procedure, while the final shape of the new nose contour may take up to a year, and during this time, a person may notice gradual changes in the appearance of the nose until the final shape of the nose is reached. A healthy lifestyle and sun protection help maintain the results of the surgery and a new look.
In the last
At Dr. Sameh El Noamany, a consultant obesity and plastic surgery center, we provide the best health care, as was explained through this article, rhinoplasty, how to perform it, and its most important results.